Week 76

I've been a missionary for 18 months. I thought it would feel different. I thought I would actually know what I'm doing by now. Lol still winging it everyday 🙃 (stay tuned for a story that proves this lol)

This week was exhausting but so so good! We got the chance to teach release time seminary @ the high school two days in a row. Man, oh man the best youth in the world live here in Eagle/Meridian! I learned a ton from them!

We talked about how the Book of Mormon can answer any question of the soul and practiced testifying. My lil missionary heart was so happy :')

I also got to go on exchanges with Sister Hill! I just adore that girl! We had some great visits and laughs together as we proclaimed the gospel here in Eagle.

Sister Yeates and I were able to play the guitar and sing for some of our messages this week and it was a blast! The power of music really is amazing!!

OK MIRACLE TIME!

We fasted yesterday to be able to find a new person to teach. I had committed to President earlier in the week that we would find a new friend by the end of the week. Well. It was Sunday night and we still hadn't found anyone.

Sis Yeates had the idea to visit a LA member but when we got to the apartments where she lived we realized we didn't know which building/door she was. So we said a prayer and let the spirit do its thing. And we were led right to her door!!

She wasn't home, but her non-member mother (Carmen) was and we offered her a message of peace and she let us right in. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said to come back next week!

God is so good!

Funny story: while we were visiting Carmen we had parked in this parking lot that we weren't supposed to, but we weren't paying attention so we came out and saw that our car had been booted. $100 and an hour later we were on our way still happy and smiling because we have so much to be grateful for! (Plus, we made a new friend and I LOVE making new friends!) I'm sure God was chuckling at our silly mistake.

Fasting/prayer truly are amazing! Accountability is powerful. God is so aware of us and we can always find something to smile about...even when the car gets booted.

Love,
Sister Erika Hales







Comments

Popular Posts