Week 52

What a week! A lot happened so here are a few highlights:

•I guess I'm really cute bc I got hit on by an old drunk man...he offered to buy me an alcoholic beverage and some very inappropriate comments. I'll spare ya the details. Don't worry, I politely declined and then peaced out asap ✌

•We were tracting and this guy answered and basically said that he was the devil and we were angels uhh...thanks? Lol

• We found out that Tommy (our investigator on date to be baptized this month) has been drinking and lying to us. It's heartbreaking to see something you put all your time and energy into be thrown away. However, we're still planning on working with him and helping him overcome his trials. Satan works hard, peeps. Real hard. :(

•We had an AWESOME lesson with Glen!! We committed him to give up 1 cigarette this last week and he gave up 70! (Half a pack a day!!) Whooo!!!!

•We got a referral for a lady that requested a Book of Mormon and wants to learn more!! (I love when they come to us) buuuut she prefers Spanish and we don't have any hermanas up here...but don't worry!! I always knew my 2 years of high school Spanish would come in handy #giftoftongues? Lol send help

•something I've been blessed with this transfer is the gift of direction. I'm sooo directionally challenged it's not even funny but I've found that I can just get in the car and know where to go. Definitely a gift from God.

Something I've been trying to focus on is the way I pray. Sometimes I get so caught up in trying to receive an answer to my prayers that I don't take the time to connect with my Heavenly Father. I'm starting to learn that if I pray so that I can FEEL Him listening to me, then it doesn't matter what my answer is or when it comes. Because I am heard. And what an amazing feeling that is! (Try it, it's really cool!)


✌ Sister Erika Hales


We found a cool beach and this random rock that I just had to climb.




 We went on a hike this morning with the bishop's wife and it was GORGEOUS! You guys, there's nothing better than McCall, Idaho. I'm convinced! (fam I'll take you on this hike when we come visit...it's my fav that I've been on so far!) 









Comments

Popular Posts