Week 1!!

Hello world!! 

I haven't even been in the MTC for a full week yet and I already feel like I've been here for 9 weeks. Missionary life is very different, but so awesome! My companion didn't show up, so I'm in a trio with 2 other girls in my district. There are 5 sisters and 10 elders. Apparently, we're one of the biggest districts the MTC has had in a while. Only one other sister, 4 elders and I are going to Nampa. The rest are going to Federal Way WA. Being in a trio is difficult at times, but we've learning how to make it work! My classes are in the new buildings and I swear every single window has an amazing view of the mountains. What an awesome blessings to have such beautiful buildings. 

So crazy story. The day I came to the MTC I was kind of freaking out a little bit, but as I was walking to my dorm room (like 10 minutes after I arrived) I saw my college roommate Ashley Pullins running down the hallway towards me. She gave me a big hug and helped me calm down a little bit. I was hoping I'd run into her somehow, but turns out she was my STL (sister training leader) and her dorm room was 2 doors down from mine!! I got to see her everyday until she left for Washington this morning. What a tender mercy. The Lord really does know us and wants to bless us. I can't tell you how much I needed to have her here with me for the first week. 

We taught a guy named Tyler last week. It was our first time teaching and so those lessons were kind of a disaster haha! I thought I knew how to teach the gospel, but turns out I have no clue where to even start! This week we got our first TRC investigator (investigators that they bring in from outside the MTC). Her name is Linda. We've only had one lesson, but it went pretty well. I can definitely see improvement each time we teach. I've learned to really rely on the spirit. It's amazing what having the spirit with you will do. One thing that I learned this week is that our job as missionaries is to not only teach OF Christ, but to teach WITH Christ. It's a hard thing to do, but I'll get the hang of it one of these days :)

btw the chocolate milk really is as good as they say!!

I love being a missionary. There's nothing else I'd rather be doing right now (except maybe taking a nap haha) I miss everyone (and my phone) so much, but I'm happier than I've been in a long time. If anyone out there is still sad about me leaving, please don't be. I am so happy, and you should be too. The gospel is true. God loves every single one of you, I promise you that. Pray to Him. 

Love,

Sister Hales

The girls in my district. From left to right: Sister Broderick, Sister Tuft, me, Sister Scott, and Sister Felt.
Sister Pullins and I. I love this girl so much.
Nampa peeps!

The two other girls in my trio.
Sister Tuft and I are both going to Nampa!

Nampa, Idaho on the map.

My district.



Comments

Popular Posts