Week 77

"The hardest thing I've ever loved to do is getting on this plane and coming home to you. In a million ways completely torn apart as a land so far away still owns my heart."

cheesy, but its the only thing that accurately describes how I feel...



Hello from Idaho one last time

Tomorrow I'll get on a plane and fly home to my lovely South Carolina. Even with how excited I am, I'm still leaving a big chunk of my heart here in Idaho. My poor heart doesn't know what to do or how to feel. I'm beyond excited to see my family, but Idaho has become my home and these people have become my family.

I've learned a lot of things on my mission. Too many to include all of them in this email, but I'd like to mention a couple few.

•Idaho really is obsessed with potatoes...that's not a rumor.

•The gospel is simple and universal and true.

•This is God's work because there are too many miracles for it to not be.

•When people make you food, you eat it.

•Knowing there is a prophet today is vital to your testimony.

•If you want more peace, read more of the Book of Mormon.

•Attitude is a huge part of happiness.

•Growth only comes when you step out of your comfort zone.

•Be polite when people knock on your door.

•There is urgency when it comes to following God, never procrastinate.

•God loves me, and you, and the guy that cut you off this morning. His love runs deep. He is dependable. God is real.


I've had the privilege of witnessing the cleansing, healing, purifying power of the atonement of Jesus Christ. I've watched it change my life and others'. I've seen brokenness become whole, families become united, and sorrow become joy. All because of One.

As a representative of Jesus Christ, I testify that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. He died so that all mankind could be saved. By obedience.

Because of Him and through these last 18 months I've been changed and will never be the same. I've learned how to love on a new, deeper level and because of that I'll never love the same ever again. It's been an honor to be a soldier of Jesus Christ. To serve side by side with the best life this world has ever seen.

I love my mission! I'll cherish it for the rest of eternity.

Thank you for your love, support, and prayers. I felt them every day.

Moroni 8:16
"Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear."


Hurrah for Israel!
Sister Erika Hales


Sasha! So excited for her to be baptized!

I got to go on exchanges with my "great-granddaughter", Sister Tunstall

Departing temple trip! All the sisters who I came out with



Sister Bentley!!

The district (wearing all black in honor of our "funeral" lol)

Some pics of my favorite people



Comments

Popular Posts