Week 2!!

Hi!

What a week it has been! I'm officially no longer the "newbie", thank goodness for that! Now that I've finally started to get the hang of things, I'm leaving in a week. It's crazy how fast time goes.
Utah mornings are awesome right now. It's cool and crisp and the mountains are gorgeous! There are ponder areas in the new MTC buildings that play piano music and the windows look out to Timp. Obviously, that's my favorite spot. :)

Last Tuesday Elder Oaks spoke for devotional. Such a cool experience. My companions and I were going to sing in the choir, but we didn't end up getting there on time, so we missed singing to an Apostle. :( I was pretty bummed, but it was still neat to hear him speak! On Sunday we had another devotional and this time Chad Lewis spoke. I'm not really into football, but he was such a great speaker that I was engaged the whole time. The MTC doesn't disappoint when it comes to devotional speakers!

So a ton of senior couples reported to the MTC yesterday and my old YSA bishop (bishop Dance) and his wife were one of them! I ran into them at lunch!! Such a sweet surprise!!

Everyone has already figured out that I play the piano (surprise surprise haha) so I played for Sacrament meeting. I was actually really excited to play though because I hardly ever have time to just play the piano (mom- I bet you never thought you'd hear me say that haha!) My trio also taught Relief Society on Sunday. I'm finding that I'm getting more and more comfortable with just getting up and teaching without planning out what I'm going to say word for word. It's a cool feeling being able to rely on the spirit. As long as I study, the spirit really will fill my mouth with the words that Heavenly Father wants me to say.

We're still teaching Linda and she's SO close to committing to baptism! It'll happen this week for sure, I know it! I've come to love her as her Heavenly Father does. I can't wait to get to Nampa so I can teach real investigators! I keep imagining how much I'll love them as well! We also taught a girl named Alicia for the first time yesterday. She's sweet, but quiet, so it's hard to have a conversation with her. It's good practice though!

I've been thinking a lot recently about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We watched a video by Elder Holland yesterday that really spoke to me. He said something along the lines of "Why would it be easy for us, if it was never easy for Him? (speaking of Christ) Missionary work isn't easy because Salvation isn't a cheap experience."

Mosiah 14 is also a great chapter in the Book of Mormon. Verses 3-5 say
"3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it was our faces from him; he was despised and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

How grateful I am that my Savior suffered and died for me. He went through all of that for me and for you and yet we often still turn our backs on him. This was a good reminder for me to try a little harder to be a little better. I love my Savior. I love this gospel.

It's a great day to be a missionary!!

Love,
Sister Hales

PS this is a great video. Watch it, and if you have any questions or comments about it, please write me and we can chat about it! :)
Because He Lives
My district during the temple walk on Sunday

Our classroom where we spend most of our days



The girls in my zone

Comments

Popular Posts