Week 4

Hey hey!!
It's so hard for me to remember everything I've done all week because we do SO MUCH!&nbsp
Fun fact: They've been harvesting mint nearby so it smells soo good outside :)
This week I went on exchanges with my STL (sister training leader) for a day. Her name is Sister Ivins. This is her last transfer until she goes home. So basically she's the opposite of me. She's been out 17 months and I have 17 months to go haha! Anyway, she's super nice and is going to go to UVU after her mission to study ASL (that's for you, Tana)
While on exchanges in Meridian, we went to a fireside where Sarah Wells spoke. I guess she's a "famous" food blogger on instagram or something. Idk but she was really funny!
We also had interviews with President this week. It was a little intimidating, not gonna lie haha. He and his wife are super nice though!On Wednesday we went to help a lady in the ward paint her house. Super fun! That night we taught a new convert name Gary. He's a cool old guy who wears bow ties!
And then on Thursday  we went to Margie's house and she taught us how to make sweet potato pie and boy did it turn out good! So yummy!! Margie loves when we visit and didn't want us to leave. I love her!
Then we taught Kevin. He's what they call an "eternagator" or someone who's been taking the lesson 5eva haha but he's a really nice guy who wants to be baptized he just needs to stop smoking. Pray for him to have the strength to quit. I know if he relies on the Savior that he'll be able to!
Random thought: something that I took for granted when I lived at home was being able to play the piano whenever I wanted and for however long I wanted. I've been able to play a couple of times, but it's never enough :/ But my district leader let me borrow an awesome piano book! It was like Christmas morning getting new music!Friday we had district meeting. The elders and sisters in my district are pretty cool so those are always fun. Sister Ray and I were in charge of the training portion of the meeting.
Well, I've officially been out for over a month! It's crazy because I feel like I've been out for 100 years but at the same time, I feel like I was just saying goodbye to my family yesterday.
General Conference was AWESOME! I hope all y'all got the chance to watch it! If not, please go back and watch it sometime soon.
The first session on Saturday was beyond amazing. Elder Uchtdorf and Elder Holland spoke (both are my favorites!) and I swear they talked directly to me. I've been feeling pretty inadequate lately. Like I don't know enough or I'm not really cut out to be a missionary, but they both talked about how we shouldn't feel that way. Elder Uchtdorf said "God gives strength to the weary and power to the weak" or something like that :) Both of those talks are incredible. Watch or read them and then let me know what you think!
The members here are all so nice and fed us really yummy food and let us watch conference with them in their homes. I was devastated to hear that Elder Hales passed away, but I feel honored to wear his same name on my name tag every day.
I hope I can represent him and Jesus Christ well.
BTW next week my pday will be on Wednesday (I'm pretty sure) because we're starting training for the temple open house (yay!!). So my pdays might be a little weird for the next couple of weeks, but it's not because I don't wanna talk to you guys. I promise :D
I love my savior. Being a missionary is hard and some days my testimony of my savior is the only thing I have to hold on to and keep me going. But getting to be a missionary is also one of the greatest blessings I've ever received. Read the Book of Mormon. It will change your life. If you've already read it, read it again. And again and again.
I love you all!

Until next time,

Sister Hales

We took pics in a corn field!



Comments

Popular Posts