Week 6

Whuddup world!

I just wrote on Wednesday, so I probably won't have as much to say this time. But Wednesday, the most amazing thing ever happened! After pday was over (6 pm) we decided to go visit a couple of people. There's a house that we've knocked on about 20 times and they've never answered. We thought they were less actives who just moved in so we were gonna just stop by and say hi, but Heavenly Father had a lot more planned than just a hi. Sister Ray and I both felt like we should try their house one more time and they actually answered!! Turns out she's inactive and he's not a member and is totally willing to learn more! AHH I was jumping for joy! Sunday night we had dinner with them (their suggestion) and taught the Restoration. He knows hardly anything about the church so he has a ton of questions. But they want us to come back and keep teaching him. It was such a cool experience! As I was testifying of Christ I began to see him and his family as Christ does. I suddenly had this overwhelming feeling of love for them, for God's children. I want more than anything for all of them to decide to come unto Christ. That's what being a missionary is all about!!

I love visiting people! I love meeting new people everyday and hearing their stories and feeling of Christ's love for them.

We were supposed to have dinner with a less active named Jana but when we called and texted her she didn't respond. We decided to just show up anyways, but her husband answered and it turns out she got called into work and forgot to cancel with us. Kinda awkward haha. ALSO another night this week we were supposed to eat dinner with the Cox family. So we looked up their address and knocked on their door. Well...turns out there are 2 Cox families in the ward and we went to the wrong one! Haha! The other lady was so confused and we were super embarassed hahah but it was also really funny!

Friday we had zone conference. It was a 5K race and was actually super fun despite the rainy and freezing weather! We played games as districts and they fed us lunch. It was WAY fun!

Mouse update: we've caught more than 20 by now. We've all lost count of how many there have been. The sound of the mice running around at night has almost become soothing. It almost lulls me to sleep lolol JUST KIDDING

Saturday we spent the whole day at the temple. We ended in the reception tent at like 8 pm and I was FREEZING. I've forgotten how cold Idaho gets. The sad part is that it's only October...
Thank goodness I now have my winter coat. :D

Sunday was stake conference so we only spent 2 hours at church instead of like 7. Elder Sexton came and spoke and since we sat in the front row, he looked at us and talked directly to us for a minute. I also shook his hand afterewards. He's a cool dude!

I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon. It continually brings peace and true happiness into my life. PLEASE read it! I'm so grateful that I get to be apart of the greatest work happening right now! What a time to be a missionary!! (full time or member missionary) This is it! This is the time we were reserved for, so lets live like we mean it!

Alma 26:12

I love y'all!

Horrah for Israel!
Sister Erika Hales


One more of Sis Tuft and I. Fav person ever!





I finally got a picture with Elder Mumford and Elder Wahrer who are from my stake back home!! This was at the 5K zone conference on Friday



After our shift one night. Such a pretty temple!


There are random hot air balloons everywhere


The leaves are changing and its SO PRETTY










Comments

Popular Posts