Week 7

I feel like it's been so long since the last time I wrote. Sorry I forgot to tell y'all that I wouldn't be writing until Wednesday this week. Ya know, because of the temple and what not hahaLast pday was way fun! We got together as a zone and went to Sis Moomey's house (she's the mission nurse who lives less than a mile from our place) and played pickle ball, Foosball, jumped on the trampoline, ate hamburgers and hot dogs and s'mores and tie dyed tshirts. It was way fun!
This week we did some tracting. Not gonna lie tracting isn't my favorite, but it was good for me.
We were pretty much at the temple every day this week and we worked until 6 pm. I am so tired haha, but I've also met a ton of different and interesting people at the temple. It's also helped me get more comfortable with just going up and talking to random people. What a wonderful experience this open house is! Elder Cook was at the temple at the same time as me, but I didn't get to see him :(
We had refugees come through the temple one day this week. What a humbling and beautiful experience. Lots of them even asked us for a Book of Mormon!! It's awesome to see those who God is preparing.
I got some really awesome advice from a sister that we live with. She said that at home the things that bring us happiness are our family, friends, phone, music etc. On a mission we suddenly don't have those things anymore, therefore taking away those things that make us happy. She said that as a missionary you have to learn how to make the gospel your source of happiness. I think that's totally true for everyone! Not just missionaries! The gospel is what brings everyone true and lasting joy!
We got a new car this week! I'm so grateful we even have a car :)))
Saturday was the first day of the public tours. It. was. packed. There were about 13,000 people that went through just on Saturday alone. There have been protesters outside the temple. Really sad honestly. It's kind of a stab to the heart, but it's okay. We still love them and I smile at them every time we pass by. It makes me think of Christ when he was being crucified. He was paying the ultimate price so that we could have the most amazing gift (eternal life) and yet there were still those who hated him, who despised and rejected him. Who even took his life. Even through all of this and as he was suffering and hanging on the cross, ready to give up the ghost, Christ still pled with His Father "Forgive them; for they know not what they do" If only we could be a little more like Christ and love those who hate us. It's a hard thing to do.
OKAY if you're still reading, then you get to know literally the BEST part of my week, month and whole mission so far! On Saturday, I was standing in the reception tent and someone taps my shoulder. I turn around and standing there was my college roommate and one of my best friends, Anastasia!! I totally freaked out!! I had no idea she would be there! And honestly, it was amazing that she found me because well, 13,000 people (that's sooo many people she had to shuffle through) and the missionaries rotate throughout the day so the fact that I was in the tent when she was, was a miracle! Such a sweet surprise!!!
Then later that day I ran into a girl that was in my mission prep class that I sat next to every day. Such a small world!

On Sunday we were asked to speak last minute and so I pulled out the talks that I had written in the MTC #blessed
Our investigator's wife who was pretty much inactive came to church!! We're still working on him, but that was a step in the right direction for sure!!

Fun fact: almost every night there's an amazing sunset. It's like a gift from Heavenly Father to me after a long day.

I love you all! Thank you to everyone who has sent me letters/packages. You all ROCK! I'd love to hear from all of you!
Moroni 7:41 (Classic, but good!)

Horrah for Isreal!
Sister Erika Hales

These are from when Anastasia surprised me! I was totally freaking out lol

We loooove Sodalicious!!

This one's for you Elizabeth haha :)


We got froyo one night after a full day at the temple (these are the other two sisters we live with. Sis Marin on the left and Sis McCabe on the right)




Comments

Popular Posts