Week 10

Hi y'all!

So this last week was pretty crazy. We didn't have an actual pday so we got permission to spread it out throughout the week whenever we had time. We were at the temple every day except for Tuesday which was our zone conference. I was supposed to do a musical number there with another elder, but he ended up forgetting his viola, so it never happened lol I was kinda relieved not gonna lie! At zone conference we learned more about the Christmas initiative. It's Light the World again but with a new video. There's still gonna be the calendar with different acts of service to do each day. It starts Nov 24th so get ready!! Christmas lights are already starting to go up (which I think is a bit crazy because it's not even Thanksgiving yet) but it's making me really excited for the Holidays!

We had dinner with my grandma's friend, Sandra again. She taught us how to make her famous homemade applesauce and twice baked potatoes. And of course we got to eat it all afterwards. It was SO good!!!

This week I learned that I need to just trust in and have more faith in the Lord. This is His work and I need to get out of the way and trust that He's in control. Our investigator, Ryan was supposed to come tour the temple Wednesday night with his family. We were already gonna be at the temple so we told them we'd go through with them. Well the time came for their reservation and we couldn't find them. We tried calling and texting, but we got no answer. We were pretty bummed and thought that they had decided not to come. BUT as we were walking around the church building we just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see them coming out of a video room to start their tour! We quickly ran to catch up with them and they were so excited to see us! They had also been looking for us and didn't answer our call because they were watching the video. As we walked through the temple the spirit was so strong. I was praying harder than I'd prayed in a while. As we walked into the Celestial room I watched Ryan's face just light up and I could tell he was feeling something. SO COOL!
THEN (the miracles aren't over yet, people) our eternagator, Kevin called us that night. We'd told him that we'd give up chocolate if he would give up smoking. He called to see how we had been doing with that, and then told us that he hadn't smoked since we made the deal! Whoohoo!! Here's the embarrassing part. I totally doubted that he would stop smoking so I ate some chocolate. Sister Ray repremanded me for it but I replied with "It's fine! Do you actually thing Kevin hasn't smoked?" Oopsies! I definitely repented, don't worry! Throughout these experiences the Lord has humbled me and allowed me to see His hadn't in this work. Kevin was also able to go through the temple!

On Sat after our shift we took one last tour through the temple. We were one of the first tours and one of the last. It was just me and a few other sisters. We ended up sitting in the sealing room for a while and the whole time I just kept wishing that I could stay there forever! I love the temple so much.

The open house has been such a blessing to me and all those who go through. I'm so grateful that I was able to be apart of it as a full time missionary. I'm honestly not sure what we're gonna do without the temple! I don't remember how to be a missionary without it haha!

I love you all so much!

Sister Erika Hales

Idaho man.



Zone conference

Comments

Popular Posts