Week 9

Hi Y'all!

So I forgot to say last week, but I hit my 2 month mark!! I feel like it's been so much longer than 2 months. Probably because I've learned and done so much!

Also, happy late Halloween! We went to a member's home and had dinner and homemade scones. Yum! Then we helped them pass out candy. It was pretty funny hearing the little kids proudly say "Oh you're a missionary, huh? I'm mormon too!" I felt super cool on Halloween because for the first time in my life people were actually dressing up as ME! (well, a missionary hahaha). Perks of living in Idaho a guess lol
You'd never find a kid dressed up as a missionary in NC.
This week we visited a lady who just lost her husband. She's a nonmember and we've visted her once before. At first when we invited her to the temple, she said no very quickly, but by the end of the visit she had agreed to go with us and we got her number and she got ours and she said she was really glad we came over! I just LOVE visiting people like her! Heavenly Father really opens my eyes in situations like that to see His children as He does. It's beautiful.

Our investigator, Kevin is still smoking. It's the only thing holding him back from being baptized. So we told him that we would give up chocolate if he would give up smoking. We're gonna keep each other in line and make sure no one cheats. Prayers for Kevin please! (and honestly prayers fo r me as well so I can give up chocolate lol)

Well, there's officially snow on the mountains now. We've had some really beautiful days recently, but it's starting to get colder and they say the snow is gonna come any day. There were a few flurries randomly yesterday for like 20 mins. ://

On Sunday we had another lesson with Ryan. We taught him the plan of salvation which is perfect because him and his wife are gonna go through the temple open house on Wednesday. And they're bringing friends! Can you believe that?! I love it!! Prayers for Ryan as well! He's a great guy who has a desire to learn more and come closer to Christ. He's had a hard life and he's ready to turn his life around.

We were pretty much at the temple all week and the same will go for this next week. This is the last week for the open house so we're giving it one more push and trying to get everyone that we can here. Sadly, the protesters are starting to come through themselves, which is fine until they single out us sister missionaries and try to start things and bash on us. :/ It hasn't happened too much though, so it's all good!

One of the girls in the family that we live with let me borrow her guitar and it's been like Christmas! I'm one happy gal!

I won't have very many pictures this week because my SD card got messed up. My bishop is working on fixing it for me, so let's hope I don't lose all my pictures. I'm using Sister Ray's SD card for now.

Alright, I have homework for y'all haha! Alma 50:23 talks about how "there never was a happier time among the people of Nephi". Your job is to figure out why. When I read this verse I wanted to know why they were so happy and how I could apply it in my life as well. How can I be the happiest I've ever been right here and right now? The same can go for you as well! Let me know what you find! :)

I love you guys!!

Sister Erika Hales

We had a photoshoot!!


I'm pretty happy if you give me a guitar!




Comments

Popular Posts