Week 12

Hello from Idaho!

This week was good! We went to the temple and studied on the grounds one day this week. I love that we have a dedicated temple in our area! We also went to a pie social the night before Thanksgiving which was super fun!

Speaking of, I hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving!! I definitely did! We had 2 dinners and lots of desserts offered to us! I ate wayy too much but all the members were so nice to us and made me feel right at home!

Friday for district meeting we had a Friendsgiving. We all brought food and ate together. It was super fun!

Unfortunately because of Thanksgiving, and the schools being on break for the week it was tough trying to visit people. But we're now starting the #LightTheWorld initiative which I'm SO excited for! The Holiday season is the best time to share the gospel! Christmas lights are starting to go up all around us and Christmas music is always playing in the background.

I've seen so many miracles this week. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you have the Lord on your side and the Spirit to guide you. This week I was studying President Uchtdorf's most recent conference talk "A Yearning for Home". It is SO good! You all should read it even if you heard him give it in conference. I almost think the talks are even better when you go back and read them. I'll just share one of my favorite parts from his talk. It's kinda long, but SO good!

"The sublime message of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that God is our Father, that He cares about us, and that there is a way to return to Him. God calls to you. God knows your every thought, your sorrows, and your greatest hopes. God knows the many times you have sought Him. The many times you have felt limitless joy. The many times you have wept in loneliness. The many times you have felt helpless, confused, or angry. Yet, not matter your history - if you have faltered, failed, feel broken, bitter, betrayed, or beaten - know that you are not alone. God still calls to you."

I hope you all have a great week! Make sure to be aware of the people God puts in your path especially during this Holiday season!

Sister Erika Hales




Comments

Popular Posts