Week 18

Hola!

So this week we had a lesson with Stephanie. We had planned to teach the Restoration, but ended up going a COMPLETELY different way. We ended up talking about FAITH and WHY God gives us trial after trial in our lives. The spirit was so strong. We shared the scripture Mosiah 4:9 & 12. Verse 9 talks about believing. Even if we dont have faith yet, we can still believe that we can have faith someday. BELIEVE in God. Just. believe. And if we do that, verse 12 promises that we will "always REJOICE, and be filled with the love of God". Such a good promise. This lesson was directed for Stephanie, but I got so much out of it too. I know that the spirit told us to go a different direction than we had planned for a reason.

We also taught Annabelle and guess what?? She's on date for Feb 4th!! yayayay! SO exciting!!

So fun story for the week. We were eating the pizza that someone dropped off for dinner and as I was eating I looked around the kitchen and noticed the cookies that we had made (for a family we're working with. We were planning on dropping them off later than evening) The thought came to me "we should take those cookies to them...like right now" But then I looked at the clock and realized that It was still dinner time and the last time we visited them it was around the same time and they didn't let us in because they were in the middle of dinner. So i was second guessing my thought.

But then another thought came to my mind as clear as ever "They will be home. Go! Now!"
So, we went. We got to their door and knocked 3 times...and no answer. We ended up leaving the cookies on their doorstep and continued on. But I was really confused. I knew what I heard and the prompting that I got, but they still weren't home. So I was ranting to Sister Hannes about this as we were walking away and she stopped and said "I think we need to go back." So we did.

As we were about to knock again, we saw that the cookies were gone. They were in fact home (they just waiting until we were gone to take the cookies hahah typical)

I'm not sure why we were supposed to go if we weren't able to talk to them, but I do know that we followed through on a prompting and was able to see that it was in fact the spirit talking to us. God works in mysterious ways, I'm tellin ya haha!


Anyway, I love you all!! Thank you for your prayers!

Sister Erika Hales

Comments

Popular Posts