Week 19

Hi all!!

Sorry I didn't write yesterday! We have transfers on Tuesdays now, so every 6 weeks my pday will be on a Tuesday! Speaking of transfers...i have a new companion!! Her name is Sister Zimmerman! I will miss Sister Hannes, but I'm excited for this new adventure :)

There have been big things happening here in my little world! Last week my mission president called me to be the technology sister missionary for the mission! It's me and 2 elders. I'm still learning about all my responsibilities but basically I'll go to almost all, if not all of the zone conferences and help missionaries set up their smartphones. And when sisters have problems with their phones, they'll call me. I'm not super techy so I'm a little nervous but I went to a training for it last week and we were given our phones early to learn how to use them and fix all the problems and stuff like that. Since there are only a few of us in the mission who have our smartphones, I've suddenly become super popular!!! Hahaha it's really funny actually. I've basically been trampled at district meetings and pday activities... and it seems like I never actually have my phone during those times because everyone wants to hold it and check it out🤔😂 haha ohhh missionaries. Gotta love em

Poor sister Hannes...shes had to just sit and wait for me during all the trainings and meetings and doesn't get to have her phone yet.

We're also gonna be getting on Facebook. I've been testing that out so don't be freaked out if you see I'm active on facebook lol. Also, I won't be able to reply to messages from all y'all back home. I can read them, I just can't respond. That's for now anyway... we're still figuring out all the rules that we need to put in place for Facebook.

Soooo we had an interesting pday last week. Ya might wanna take a seat for this one. Okay so I'm in the chapel playing the piano like I do every week and all the elders are in the gym playing sports like they do every week. Nothing crazy, right? Well I hear a really loud sound but don't really think anything of it because they're always hitting the wall or something and I continue playing. But then there was a SUPER loud noise that started. It sounded like static but was SO loud. So I run out to see what's going on and just then the fire alarms start going off. AND THEN water started pouring from the ceiling in the gym!! I was like what the heck?? This is why you can't leave elders alone haha apparently someone had kicked a soccer ball and it hit one of the sprinklers in the ceiling and broke it and bursted the water pipe. So water was just PORING from the ceiling where the sprinkler used to be. We quickly started grabbing trash cans and filling them up with water and then dumping them out outside.

Eventually the fire department showed up along with other important looking people. They got the water shut off but we still had a pool in the gym to deal with. We had done a good job of keeping the water contained so it didnt get the carpets too wet. So we got buckets and cups and started cleaning it up. Ahhh it was definitely a pday I won't forget. The day the missionaries flooded the church. Go us lol

We all realized that we were gonna be late for our dinners and we were all soaking wet. Our dinner was kind enough to pick us up and take us home so we could change haha

Anyways... we watched pres Nelson's devotional on Tuesday. It was awesome!! I loved how he stressed starting with the end in mind. Soo good!!

We also taught Annabelle again and we realized that Feb 3rd is the weekend of stake conference so we moved her baptismal date to the 10th of February. So excited for her!! We had dinner before the lesson but our dinner was on one end of our area, and Annabelle lives clear on the opposite side. We were booking it there... basically running haha but I really had to go to the bathroom. So we passed a members house and knocked on the door. He was the only one home but he literally stood outside his house so I could go in and use the restroom lolol oh the life of a missionary 🙃

Stephanie came to church!!! And all the speakers gave such good talks! It was exactly what she needed to hear!! AND the members were all so friendly and made her feel so welcomed. I can't stress enough the importance of members becoming friends with investigators/less actives. Just introducing yourself or saying hi to a visitor goes a LONG way!!


Love you all!!
Sister Erika Hales
Me and Sister Hannes :)


 Saying goodbye to the district this morning :(

 People love to steal my phone and take pictures haha




Comments

Popular Posts