Week 20

So I have my new comp Sister Zimmerman! She's from Michigan and has been out one transfer longer than me (so 6 months). She also went to BYUI before the mish and we actually lived really close to each other when we were both there! She's awesome!!! We've worked our tails off this past week and it's SO awesome!!

So we have a lady in one of our wards named Katie. She has a nonmember sister whose name is Morgan. Morgan was at their house for the weekend and Katie told us to just stop by. So we did. Morgan has had lots of spiritual experiences and promptings leading up to this point. She went through the temple open house and decided she wanted to learn more but hasn't reached out at all. Well we just "happened" to stop by which she thought was another "sign" from God and said she wanted to work towards baptism!!! We ended up teaching her the 1st lesson and committed her to baptism on April 7th!! (Which is her birthday and the day her 8 yr old niece is getting baptized...another "sign" from God in her words) she basically cried through the whole lesson. I was just sitting there thinking "is this actually happening?? This is too good to be true!!" But the Lord definitely prepares His children and leads His servants to find them. He's in control. All we have to do is be obedient and listen to the spirit. GOLDEN!

We taught her the second lesson yesterday and gave her a book of Mormon which she's really excited to read! M.I.R.A.C.L.E

We taught Annabelle the last lesson!! I don't know if I shared this before or not, but her family is from Micronesia and they speak Micronesian all the time while we're over. When they pray, they do it in their language, and if I try hard enough when i close my eyes, I feel like I'm actually a missionary in Micronesia instead of Idaho hahaha it's my little taste of a foreign mission ;) But they're teaching us how to speak their language which is super fun!

I stumbled across this quote this week from Elder Holland. It was exactly what I needed to hear so I thought I'd share it with y'all!

“Don’t give up, boy. Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead--a lot of it--30 years of it now, and still counting. You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.”

Trust in God. That's all we gotta do! And then he'll take our hand and lead us along (although, sometimes its more like dragging haha) and he'll work mighty miracles through us. Just watch! God can make you more extraordinary than you ever imagined!!

Thank you for the prayers!

Sister Erika Hales

peep my double tag...dorky I know ;) lol

 The view from the Meridian Temple!

Comments

Popular Posts