Week 21

Hello from Meridian!

I hope y'all had a great week! Mine was awesome!

On Tuesdays we go with some other sisters to an old folks home and do service there. I LOVE talking to all the residents and hearing about their lives and all they've been through! It fascinates me!!

On Friday we had a ward chili cook off. We had one of our investigators and tons of less actives come! We've been busy inviting everyone these past few weeks! We were asked to be judges on the chili and the cupcakes (Which was something the primary kids could participate in)
We ended up trying 16 different chili's and 19 different cupcakes. To say I felt disgusting afterwards is an understatement lol. Even just one bite of everything was WAY too much. I felt like I was gonna throw up by the end of it, but it was still fun haha

So idk if I said this last week or not, but one of our wards got split last Sunday so we lost a ton of awesome members and one of our potential investigators :( Sad day

Yesterday was Stake conf and it was SO good!! Our stake president, Pres Peterson is fan.tas.tic! I felt like he spoke right to me. SO awesome!

We got a new investigator this week...well kinda. Her name is Autumn and she's 13. Unfortunately, she's suuuuuuper shy and doesn't really want the lessons, but her parents wanted her to take them, so she just sat there and didn't talk at all. It was rough not gonna lie haha!

This week I've been doing some self evaluating and I've noticed just how much I've grown in the 5 months I've been out! I used to be waaayy shy and would NEVER just go and knock on a strangers house and ask them if they wanted to learn more about the Savior! But now I do it all day every day! And I love it! I really think it's the tag...it gives me way more confidence haha :)

So something we've been focusing on in our area is getting the members to be friends with their neighbors. Missionary work isn't anything more than just being a friend! Many people freak out and overthink it. I cant remember who said this quote but its really good "RELAX and foucs on your love for the Lord"
Trust me! Just by your example and the light of Christ that can shine through you, they will be drawn to the gospel. It's as simple as that! AND it makes our job as Missionaries 10x easier! So do me a favor and go meet your neighbors! :)

We walked a TON this week with what seemed like little to no success. We knocked door after door and either no one answered (even though we made eye contact through the window... like we KNOW you're home lol) or they weren't interested or it was a bad time. Every. Single. Door. At the end of the day my feet HURT and I was soo exhausted with what seemed like nothing to show for it. It was a little discouraging, but the Lord is teaching me patience and humility so I guess I can't complain too much 😊
Also i cant complain because the weather has been AMAZING recently and it's been super nice to walk around every day!!

"Come what may and love it!"

Sister Erika Hales

ps I forgot to add that proselyting last night (during the super bowl) was hilarious. We would be walking down the street and from one end you'd hear someone cheering and from the other someone getting really mad. It was pretty much pointless to try and visit people if they were watching it. Pretty funny!




Comments

Popular Posts