Week 22


Hi all!!

ANNABELLE GOT BAPTIZED!!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Idaho? Especially since the winter has been so mild! The people here are amazing and I feel so blessed to be here!

This week we visited a lady that we've been trying to meet for like 20 weeks now. She finally answered the door!! As we were walking up I mumbled "she's not even gonna answer. we're wasting our time". Apparently God needed to teach me to have a little more faith haha!
This lady is an artist and her house definitely reflected that. I got sort of a gypsie vibe while in there haha. There was just random art pieces everywhere. One of them was a doll head glued on to a tin can...and another was a wagon full of old creepy looking dolls. It was something else that's for sure.

Fun fact: If anyone is wondering what the strangest thing I've eaten on my mission is, I'll tell you. Fossilized minerals from ancient ocean sea floors lolol

My birthday was on Friday and it was so fun!! We spent the day at a zone conference helping people set up their smartphones. I got to see lots of my friends so I didn't mind at all! Then, a lady named Sandra Goodman who lives in my old area and is really good friends with my grandma made me a cake and took us out to eat for dinner! It was so fun to see her again and get caught up on what's going on in Star. You guys I was soo spoiled!

The next day (Saturday) sisters in my district wanted to take me out to lunch. They invited other missionaries to come too so i was totally surprised when i showed up haha!
Then we had annabelle's baptism which is the BEST bday present ever!! She's the sweetest girl and was so excited to be baptized!
For dinner that night we went to the Brush's house (our ward mission leader) They are my FAVORITE family!! They set up a happy birthday banner and made me a cake. When I say I was spoiled, I mean i was SPOILED! Haha!!
Also a biiigggg thank you to everyone who sent me a present/card! You made me feel so loved!!


One of my favorite videos right now is called Because of Him. It was one of the Easter videos the church put out. It is soooo good! If this link doesnt work, google it and watch it!

https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=eng

It's because of our Savior that we're able to find peace. I've started to crave reading the Book of Mormon and my hour of study time has become my safe place. I feel closer to my Savior than I ever have before!

I love you all! I love my Savior! I love Idaho! And I love being a missionary!

Sister Erika Hales

I hit 5 months out!!
 The cake Sandra made!

 Brazilian soda is SO GOOD!
 Annabelle's baptism!

 pc: Sister Tuft
 Favorite. Person. Ever.
 Annabelle's family singing "How Firm A Foundation" at her baptism!


Comments

Popular Posts