Week 27

Hello again!!

It's only been a couple of days since I last wrote but I'll fill you in on all that's happened.

On Wednesday we went to the Meridian temple and it was amazing! It was MUCH needed! And wow what a gorgeous temple! It was also Pi day and Blaze Pizza was selling their pizzas for $3.14 all day so we jumped on that after the temple! It was yummy!!
That night we went to the Brush's house for a pie social. One of our LA members that we've been trying to get a hold of came and we ended up talking to her the whole time!! And she said she wanted to feed us and we set up a time to help her make baby food. What!! The blessings of pie socials, im telling ya! Hahaa

Thursday was Sister Zimmerman's birthday! It was fun to be together for both of our birthdays :) I set up a surprise lunch for her at the church with the other missionaries in our zone. I had the Zone Leaders text us saying we were going on a tracting blitz (she was pretty upset about that hahaha) but she was totally surprised so it was worth it!

We also had a lesson with our "investigator", Nita. She's the lady that owns a bunch of rats. Anyway we decided to do it in the park because her house just isn't that great of an environment. It ended up being a beautiful day so we just sat on the grass and had our lesson. But she did bring a rat with her and it was crawling all over me during the lesson 😷 gross.
We talked to her about how worldly things (drugs, alcohol etc) dont really make you happy. We shared the talk They're not Really Happy and the video Like a Broken vessel. I can't tell if meeting with her is actually helping or not....hopefully it is.

Went went through the old referrals that were in our electronic area book and found lots of referrals we had never heard of. So we tried a bunch and none of them panned out, but it was fun to go and find these people that may be ready for the gospel. One family did say we could come back (we were walking up to their door right as they came out the door...kinda awkward but we seized the opportunity to actually talk to them! And it wasn't as bad as it couldve been lolol)

Saturday was St Patrick's day!! Sister Zimmerman's mom sent us a cute present to open and it had cute st pattys socks and a green necklace and a pin and blow up hat hahaha it was fun! For dinner we went to the Alberts family (they're one if our favs) they have a son on a mission in Texas. You can sorta tell who the missionary families are in the ward...and they're definitely one of them haha! She was telling us about missions from a moms perspective and it about tore me to pieces honestly. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mom (and family) supporting me back home. I would not be able to do this without them. They keep me going.

Sunday we gave talks in one of our wards. Wanna take a wild guess as to what we talked about?? Yep...missionary work. Surprise surprise...lol

BUT we walk in to church and see that they put our picture on the program!! Like what?!? Lololol I was laughing so hard. Some people even asked for our autographs 😂😂😂 ohhh my...

My favorite part of the week is always Sunday afternoon when we teach Morgan. I wish I could explain to you just how amazing she is!! I've had 2 baptisms on my mission, but she's the first that we actually found. And taught all the way through. She's someone I feel like I came to Idaho for. She said the closing prayer and YOU GUYS it was the most incredible thing ever!! I can't describe to you what it feels like to hear someone who, a couple of months ago shunned God, now sincerely pray to Him. And it was because we found her and helped her feel the spirit!! To hear her thank God for me and sister Zimmerman just melted my heart. Just trust me when I say its quite possibly the most incredible thing ever! That minute long prayer made every hard moment I've gone through on my mission worth it. I suddenly realized "THIS. This is why I'm here" Ahhhh SOOO good!!!

Well, I love you all!! Keep praying. Keep believing. Keep GOING! The Lord is watching out for you!

D&C 121
7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes


Sister Erika Hales




Comments

Popular Posts