Week 29

Heelllooo

What.a.week.

Last pday we colored eggs for Easter! It was pretty fun and we even got the elders to join in which was pretty much a miracle lol

SO get this. For my farewell I played the song Be Still My Soul arranged by Shari Orme, right? I instantly fell in love with that song and her style of arranging. It's my go-to and favorite piece! WELL, Monday night we had dinner with the Orme family. And her name is Shari. Yes, it's THE Shari Orme. WHAT!! I don't know how I didn't put it together sooner because he's in the bishopric, but I totally freaked out and told her how much I love her arrangement of be still my soul and how that song played a role in my decision to serve a mission. She was so excited and asked me to play it for her. I was freaking out but said yes (because like I'm playing a piece that she arranged FOR HER IN HER home!! She knew every note I missed...which was a lot lol) but she was sooo happy about It! She printed off 2 other pieces she's arranged and gave them to me and asked me to learn them. Ah it was so fun! Best.day.ever!!

Wednesday we had exchanges but we did it a little differently. Since our stl, Sister Black is in a trio, she just came with me and sister Zimmerman and we were in a trio for the day. It was super fun!! And we had district meeting which was good as always!

Thursday we had interviews with President Sorensen. It was so good! I love being able to just talk with him one on one. He is truly called of God. When they say you're called to your mission president, they aren't kidding! He's exactly what I've needed! And sister Sorensen. She's amazing too!!

Friday I hit my 7 month mark! Where has the time gone?? I'm almost half way!
Morgan had her baptismal Interview on Friday and PASSED!!! I'm so excited for this next Saturday when she'll get baptized!
We had a lesson with Nita on Friday as well. She actually read a chapter from the BOM on her own which is HUGE for her! We taught her the plan of salvation and it was so cool to see all the questions she's had her whole life (like who am I, where did I come from, where am I going after this life etc) finally be answered. It was a neat experience :)

This week I was reading in Jesus the Christ about each day of the week leading up to His crucifixion and resurrection. So on Thursday and Friday I read about His suffering in the garden and His crucifixion. I will never be able to comprehend what He did for us, but I felt very close to my Savior as I was reading and learning about what He did for us. It's amazing to think that he could've stopped all of it. But he suffered and gave His life because he LOVES us. Because he loves YOU!

Saturday was GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! We spent the morning helping set up for the neighborhood easter egg hunt and then watched the first session of conf at our house in our PJs!! That was an awesome treat to sit in our pajamas and watch tv...well conference, but you get what I'm saying haha! That never happens as a missionary! The rest of the sessions we watched with members and Sunday morning we watched it with Morgan! It was fun to see her watch it for the first time!

Can we just take a minute and talk about conference? Um WOW! President Nelson is ON.FIRE. He is what the world needs right now! And a temple in Russia and India!! (And Virginia! I was happy about that one!)

My favorite quote from this round of conference was by Elder Uchtdorf. He said "The most important day of our lives is when we learn to Behold The Man" I just read the talk "And Jesus Beholding him, Loved him" and so the word Behold stood out to me. (You should all read that talk!!)

One of the biggest things I'm learning on my mission is how to Behold Jesus Christ and how to let Him change me. I've never put it quite like that, but essentially thats what it is. It's a necessary and often painful step to conversion, but it's also an incredible experience.

I'm definitely on a spiritual high after this weekend!! Conference was too short! I wish it could last all week!

I love Jesus Christ. He is very very real to me. Have a super week!

Sister Erika Hales






Comments

Popular Posts