Week 32

Hello civilization

It's me. Your long lost missionary just tryna survive out here in the Idaho desert.


This week. I have no idea where to start. I guess I'll start with my new companions. Sister Anderson is one comp. She's 29, from Alabama, and came out the same time as me. We picked up our brand new "greenie" on Tuesday. Her name is Sister Hopkins and she's from Texas (we've got the south covered over here) She's so awesome and wayy prepared!!! We've had a lot of fun together and it's only been a week!

Wednesday we went tracting and got a good mix of nice people and not so nice people. We also taught a last minute lesson to our 10 year old investigator. Poor Sister Hopkins...I just threw her right in. Taught a lesson she didnt get to prepare for. On her first day! She did great though!

Side note: one of our ward mission leaders is Brother Funkhouser who is the dad of a lady who lived in my ward while I was growing up! She was one of my young women's leaders and everything! It was such a tender mercy to have that little connection to home!
Also, the couple we live with, the Fishers have a daughter-in-law who is related to my Harper cousins. Haha small world!


Okay so, on Friday I was driving down the road (Kuna is all farms and cows...like really) I was going about 50 mph (the speed limit) when out jumps a huge wild turkey! Right in front of me! I slammed the breaks, but there was nothing I could do...so I hit it. Or really...it hit me lol it also got another car pretty bad. Took their front bumper off. Our car is fine, but it did make a pretty good crack in the bumper. Pretty scary, but we're all alive! Well, all of us except the turkey...lol

Like what the. I don't get Idaho, man. Wild Turkey's poppin out of nowhere 🤔

We also learned that if you moo to cows, they'll come to you lolol we obviously HAD to try it out, so we did and it WORKED!! Hahahahhaa all these cows were just coming towards us and I was just laughing so hard. Holy cow! (Aha see what I did there??)

THEN we went to visit someone and pulled into their driveway and theres just this goat chillin there. Like it's their guard goat or something. He was a cute lil guy even though he started chasing us hahaha. Oh Idaho.

On Saturday there was a stake service project where we went out and cleaned up trash. It reminded me a lot of the service project we would do back home every year. Fayetteville beautiful. Same concept, except that this was literally in the middle of the desert. There was NOTHING around except these weird bush shrub things and tumbleweed. But you'd be surprised how much trash we found. Mostly old bottles and such, but we did find a mattress, a suitcase and a shoe. Like what.


Our dinner on Sunday owned close to a million bees (and that's not an exaggeration) so he took us out to his hives and I was freaking out (cuz ya know...not a bee fan over here) but I faced my fears Haha! He did bring some up close in a box thing where they couldn't get out. Pretty neat stuff.

Oh, we also got to hold new born puppies 😍 so many animal experiences in one week. Sheesh. That about sums up Kuna pretty well! Lol

Btw I'm covering Kuna 2nd, 4th, and 5th wards if anyone wants to know.

We had an investigator named April at church yesterday and we're having dinner with her tonight! I'm excited!


There's a conference talk from this most recent conference called One More Day by Elder Godoy. In it he says, "I wonder what it would mean, what effect it would have in my life to know that I had only one more day to live. How would I treat my wife, my children, and others? How patient and polite would I be? How would I take care of my body? How fervently would I pray and search the scriptures? I think that, in one way or another, we all at some point will have a “one more day” realization—a realization that we must use wisely the time we have"

I've been thinking about that in mission terms. If I only had one more day on the mission, how would I treat my companions? How hard would i work? How fervently would i read the scriptures? Would i give every last ounce of energy to the Lord until I collapsed with exhaustion at the end of the day? And really, I'm almost halfway done with my mission. It's going by wayyy too fast! So after reading this talk, I've decided to make "one more day" my motto. Whether that means I give each day all I've got like I only have one day left, or if I'm struggling, I just have to make it through one more day (I would say everyday).

Anywayyyy not sure if that all makes sense BUT I encourage you all to read that talk and find out what "one more day" means for you and then make it your motto as well!!

I love you all!! Have a great week!

Sister Erika Hales xoxo

Brace yourself there's a lot of pics this week:
I got to see lots of my friends at transfer spots!
1. Sister Ray and I
2. Sister Layton (my grandma), Sister Ray (my mom) and me
3. All the missionaries that served in Star together!
4. The lil Robert sign is for you, dad! haha
5. The trio! Sister Hopkins is in the front and Sister Anderson is in the back!
6. Kuna is soooo pretty!
7. The damage from the turkey lol oops
8. lots and lots of cows
9. PUPPIES
10. How many pics can you take with cows?? apparently a lot
11. The service project in the desert
12. The posterity again
13. BEES



























Comments

Popular Posts