Week 33

Well, no Turkey's or bees this week, but I did find a camel! And of course lots of cows (one time i thought this member had a bear and i got excited bc that doesnt happen every day!!! but it was just a really fat cow hahaha)
Also, I wake up to a rooster every morning. Good stuff, man. Say tuned to find out what animal I'll find in Kuna Idaho next week lol

This week I had a webinar for the tech missionaries around the country. It was pretty Interesting and answered a lot of my questions (because honestly I have no idea what I'm doing with this calling hahahaa I'm so clueless when it comes to fixing phones. But God qualifies those He calls, right? I'm still waiting to see that but I know it'll come)

This week was SUPER slow and kinda weird honestly. Weird things kept happening hahaha we're convinced we're cursed. We don't have many people to teach right now but I still want sister Hopkins to practice teaching, so we went to a members home last night (they're active but sorta struggling with their testimonies) and taught the restoration. It was so good for Sister Hopkins and sister Anderson! And me!! I LOVE teaching the restoration!! I've gotten to the point where I'm not as nervous to teach it so I can really just focus on the spirit and testifying. SO GOOD!

This week we also participated in a humanitarian project the ward put on. It's called Days for Girls and is so awesome! It's basically putting together hygiene kits for girls in Africa. So it was really fun to help with that and talk to the nonmembers that came!

We also visited a potential investigator this week. Her name is Tammy and she owns a horse named Rio and a donkey named Amigo. She took us out to her barn (in our pros clothes...we were all super careful where we stepped) and we got to pet and feed them. I love horses but I'm OBSESSED with that donkey!!! SO SO CUTE! Unfortunately we forgot to take our phones so we didn't get any pictures :( maybe next time lol

Fun fact: I opened my mission call 1 year ago this week (the 25th) it's crazy to think that for 1 year I've known the exact place the Lord wants me to be. You guys, I LOVE IDAHO!! And I don't just say that to say it...i really truly love these people. (Ask me in winter and it might be a different story lolol juuuuust kidding) this is exactly the place I need to be and I wouldn't have it any other way! Here's to 10 more months in idaho!!

Also, today is my 8th month mark! How did that happen!! I feel like I just got here!

On Sunday our 10 yr old investigator, Rylen came to church!! Unfortunately, April didn't come, but we met 2 new potentials AT church!...

So we got a phone call from some sisters that serve in the temple square mission and they told us that they had been chatting on mormon.org with a girl who lived in our ward boundaries. Her name is Leticia and she just moved here from California. Well on Sunday she showed up to church!! And she brought her brother, Isaiah with her! She's 20ish I think and he's in high school but he's actually gone to church a couple of times with his friend from school! It was so cute, she asked us where she could buy a Book of Mormon...and was really happy when we pulled one out and said it was free! Haha!
I asked them if they had ever met with missionaries before and they said no. So I asked if they wanted to and they said yes!!!! I'm so excited to see what happens with them!

Then as we were walking out of sacrament with them a member came up and asked if they would like to join them for dinner. They said yes, so we all went over that night (which meant we had 2 dinners...yikes) i was just so impressed with the members of that ward! They were all super welcoming!! THAT'S what members missionary work is all about! Simple and easy!

It's crazy because we had such a SLOW week and sister Hopkins kept saying "I feel like we just need to be patient." And she was right! This is God's work and I'm just lucky enough to witness it firsthand. He prepares His children and then sends them to the missionaries. I've seen this over and over and over again on my mission. Sometimes I stress about finding new people to teach but then I remember instances like this and I realize that all I have to do is be obedient and do what the Lord asks and He'll take care of the rest! It's easy, really!

I heard this this week "sometimes your life is the only bible some people read"
Interesting, huh? Just some food for thought

Love you all!
Sister Erika Hales xoxo




Comments

Popular Posts