Week 36

Hey y'all!

If you've ever wondered what fighting cows sounds like...just trust me, it's not a sound you wanna hear. Hahaha the cows across the street were going nuts this week and it was hilarious

For pday last Monday we had a BBQ and it was really fun! I got sunburned, BUT it turned into a tan, so I'm not even mad 😎 (I'm beginning to realize how bad the tan lines will be when I get home...yikes)

On Tuesday we tried just swinging by Rylen's house to teach another lesson, but they didn't answer. So we went around the corner to figure out what we should do next. We prayed and all felt like we should go BACK and try Rylen again. But like, we were just there and they weren't home. Strange, but we followed through and they had just gotten home! So we got to teach him the 3rd lesson and set up another lesson for Friday!

Miracles happen when you follow the spirit!!

On Wednesday we did some service. Just raking pine needles and stuff, nothing crazy, but it was a HOT day!

Thursday we had exchanges! Sister Anderson and I stayed and Sister Wilcox came with us for the day. She also came out the same time sis Anderson and I did, so it was fun having the gang back together. Thursday was one of those days where God tests you all day long. I'm talking, not a single person let us in. The first house we walked into and first people we talked to that day was dinner (with members) ahhh good stuff man. Not gonna lie, its hard not getting discouraged when you have days like that. But you just have to go forward with faith and trust the Lord. Speaking of discouragement, our 2 (golden) potential investigators, April and Leticia, have officially ghosted us SO hard. We've just been praying and praying for them. Like I said, just gotta trust the Lord.

We have a ping pong table in our place, and after a day like that we needed some fun, so we stayed up wayyy too late playing ping pong and singing and dancing! Hahaha! It was fun!

We also had stake correlation that night which was good! Sometimes I get trunky for Meridian, but Kuna is so good too! And our stake pres is awesome so meeting him helped me love kuna even more

That night I was starting to feel kind of gross and by Friday morning I knew I had come down with something. But we had a lot planned that day, so I pushed through. We exchanged back and then went to district meeting (which was really awesome!) And then after lunch we went to an inactive lady's house to sew pillow cases. She loves the missionaries but won't come to church lololol luv. So that was fun! We didn't get to finish the pillow cases, but we're close!

After that I was DYING and we had about 30 mins before our lesson with Rylen, so we went to a church parking lot and I laid down in the back of the car and rested a little bit. Then I got up, ate some chocolate and went and taught a lesson! (I'm convinced chocolate is the cure for everything lol) Heavenly Father really pulled through and gave me the strength to get through the day!

The lesson went really well and we're going back to teach another lesson tonight!! And his grandma is becoming more and more comfortable with us and engaging in the lessons more! It's awesome!!


The highlight of Saturday was dinner. We ate with a family who lives in a freaking mansion on top of a hill...you walk through a courtyard to get to their door (also she's from Russia which is WAY cool!) And the best part was their gorgeous grand piano! It sat in a bay area with super tall windows that overlooked the farms below. My fingers were just itching to play all throughout dinner. So when they found out I play, they asked me to play for them and I was more than willing and practically jumping for joy! Haha! My dreams came true that night 💖

Sunday we had 7 inactive members come to church!!! What!!! No investigators, sadly, but 7 inactives!!!

This week I read the talk Pure Love: The True Sign of Every True Disciple of Jesus Christ by Elder Massimo De Feo (from this last conf) and i highly recommend studying it! One of my favorite parts is

"My dear brothers and sisters, if you are struggling to find the strength to forgive, don’t think of what others have done to you, but think of what the Savior has done for you, and you will find peace in the redemptive blessings of His Atonement."

I.love.that! If you're anything like me, you know how hard it can be to forgive. Others or yourself. Sometimes we focus so much on what others are doing TO US that we forget what our Savior has done FOR US. And because of what He did for us, we can forgive and love everyone.

I have a sticky note on my wall that says "Because He loves me (and I'm imperfect), I can love ____ (who Is also imperfect)" fill in the blank with whomever I'm struggling to love that day. The Atonement of Jesus Christ brings us so many opportunities to become better.
Are we taking those opportunities? Are we allowing ourselves to grow and become more like Him?

I love my Savior! He is truly the Prince of Peace!

Keep smiling!

Sister Erika Hales

More puppies!!

Outside the mansion lol

Norwegian chocolate!







Comments

Popular Posts