Week 42

We were in the sun a lot this week, so now I've got some awesome (not so awesome) tan lines and a sun burn to show for it! By the time I get home from the mish it'll be terrible haha

Also before I forget, transfers are next week so I won't be emailing until Tuesday!

Animal update: it's been a while since I've spotted any unique animals, but this week we saw a Peacock and a baby Fox. Both just chillin on the side of the road 😂 THEN, if you've ever wondered what a pregnant goat looks like, wonder no more. Imagine a two headed alien. That about sums it up lolol Kuna is weird as heck

Monday we went to Melba for pday. I got to play with puppies so that made my entire week ❤
That night I was able to have dinner with my old young women's president from NC!! The Roberts live in my zone, so we got permission to eat with them and it was so fun!!! AND we had a pig pickin' for dinner!! It was a little taste of home (lol)

Tuesday we had a Relief Society activity for one of our wards. This lady that just got home from serving a mission in Mexico as a counselor for missionaries who suffer with depression/anxiety spoke to us about all that jazz, and it was actually really really good! I learned a lot!

On Tuesday we were finally able to get into the home of an inactive lady (Diana)that we've been trying to meet 4eva. It was such a tender moment sitting there in her tiny, run-down, smoke-filled home testifying of Jesus Christ and the healing and Hope that comes through His Atonement.
I'm beginning to realize that I won't be able to do that everyday for the rest of my life (although some days it feels that way haha) And I'm sure it'll be those simple moments like with Diana that I'll miss the most.

We were able to meet with Carol and Rylan again this week (they've been out of town all month) but they came to church yesterday, along with Rylan's mom and aunt!!! You guys don't really understand but that's a HUGE deal!!!! Rylans mom is a recovering addict and so the fact that she's even stepped foot into the church building TWICE now, is truly a miracle!

Saturday was super fun! Our district and the other Kuna district all helped set up for the Kuna music festival that was happening that night. We put up flyers, signs, tables, tents etc. It was very hot and sunny though (hence the tan lines) but it was really fun!

Then that night the elders called us to tell us that they somehow managed to set up a booth at the music fest and they wanted us to come help with that. So we got a whiteboard and wrote "what brings you joy?" And had people write what brought them joy on it. Then we got to talk to them about the Plan of Happiness! Looking back, there were definitely things we could've done better, but it was our first time doing anything like that so we were pretty much clueless hahaha. But it was so fun and was really nice to have a change of pace for a day!

I thought of my dad the whole time because he loves those kind of things. Bands playing in the park. And he would've loved all the music that was playing (it was 80s music...which is why I wasn't tempted to listen hahaha) ❤

For district meeting this week we studied and discussed the life of Jesus Christ. Coming out of it, I really feel like I need to start studying his life more. How am I supposed to become more like him, if I don't know him? And learning about his life is the best way to come to know him.

So, I ask you, how will YOU come to know your Savior?

"We need to know Jesus. Not just concepts about him. Not just a list of things he wants us to do. Not just stories from the scriptures or other people's testimonies, but our very own stories"

Stay classy ma dudes

Sister Erika Hales


Ps s/o to Michelle Hansen for the cute 4th of July package! You're the best! 😚❤








Comments

Popular Posts