Week 43

McCall, Idaho!!

Okay first of all, I want you all to look up McCall Idaho on google. Prepare to be amazed! We have transfers today and I've been assigned to serve in the prettiest part of the whole mission!! McCall is a resort town and it's gorgeous in the summer time! (Its also crazy snowy and cold in the winter, so prayers that I'm gone by winter time lol) There are several places we call "banishment" in the mish because they're so isolated and away from everyone. But McCall just so happens to be the banishment of all the banishments hahaha! It's a solid 2+ hrs away from the closest missionary! Whooo!! I'm so so excited to be surrounded by trees again! I'm gonna leave all these h8ters behind and find myself in nature 😎 (lolol juuuust kidding. I don't have any haters. Everyone loves me bc I'm amazing :))

Anyway, so I'll be follow up training in yet another trio. Can't escape 'em lol
My comps are Sister Frandsen (who has been out 3 transfers) and Sister Udall (who has been out 1 transfer) they're both pretty new and all they know is McCall, so it'll be a fun time!! They both seem suuuper sweet!

Sister Hopkins is going to Veil, Oregon to shotgun train!! (Remember she's only been out 2 transfers) and I couldn't be more proud!! I'm gonna miss her a TON! We've had a good time these past 2 transfers! ❤

Sister Anderson is leaving too, so we're being replaced by elders. I think it'll be really good for the area!

So now for our less than exciting week. We got to teach Rylan the first new member lesson which went really well!! Im super excited about all their progress!! (His grandma, mom, and aunt all coming to church with him) im sure gonna miss them but im glad i was able to be a part of their story :)

The 4th of July was pretty lame, but that's okay. We had lots of fun plans but most of them fell through :( we did get to be in a parade!! So that was fun! It doesn't get dark here till like 10:30 so we fell asleep to the sound of fireworks hahaha.

We did get a referral this week!! Her name is Bunny (yep, you read that right lol) and we set up a time to meet with her next week. The elders will get to take over so hopefully it goes well.

We had interviews with our Mission President which was awesome! And on Saturday we got to go to 2 baptisms! Neither were for us :( but they we're still good. I somehow always get roped into playing the piano at baptisms lol but I don't mind 😊

Anyway, I'm sure gonna miss Kuna, but I'm suuuuper excited for this next adventure!! Here's a quote from Elder Uchtdorf

"Faith means that we trust not only in God’s wisdom but that we trust also in His love. It means trusting that God loves us perfectly, that everything He does—every blessing He gives and every blessing He, for a time, withholds—is for our eternal happiness."

Love y'all! The church is true!

Sister Erika Hales








Comments

Popular Posts