Week 44

So I'm basically a mountain woman now. But Im convinced that I live in the most gorgeous place on earth. McCall is a hidden paradise.

We cover 3 wards and 1 branch, parts of 2 different stakes, 3 counties, and 11 towns. (The 3 main towns are McCall, Riggins, and Cascade.) Our area alone covers about 1/5 of the mission. Needless to say, we spend a LOT of time in the car. This area requires extra planning bc we usually split it up and go to a different town every day.

Also, we have like 15 investigators which is probably more than I've had on my whole mission combined. This area is poppin! SO PUMPED!

Side note: I went to Oregon for the first time this week! Transfer spots were in Ontario so I got to cross the border! Whooo!

My comps are just the cutest! I'll send pics :)

We go running every morning next to the lake and it's pretty much amazing! The view distracts me from the "I'm gonna die" feeling that comes with running lol ;)

We taught several lessons this week. One to our investigator, Carolyn. She comes to church every Sunday and believes in the church, but doesn't feel a need to be baptized since she was already baptized in a protestant church. We talked about the priesthood authority that's required to be baptized and all that jazz.

Friday was district council. (By the way, they've updated PMG, so district meeting is now district council. Theres also bits of the lessons that were changed, so now I gotta re-learn how to teach them...soooo fun lol) we drove 2 hours to Weiser Idaho and 2 hours back. And then had a baptismal Interview for our investigator, Joy who is gonna be baptized this Saturday!!!! (She definitely lives up to her name)

We also had a lesson with our other investigator, Glen. He's great.

So things are great up here on my mountain. Just livin my missionary/mountain woman life.


“Genius is only the power of making continuous efforts. The line between failure and success is so fine that we scarcely know when we pass it; so fine that we are often on the line and do not know it. How many a man has thrown up his hands at a time when a little more effort, a little more patience would have achieved success? A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed a hopeless failure may turn into a glorious success. … There is no defeat except within, no really insurmountable barrier save one’s own inherent weakness of purpose”

Love ya ma dudes
Sister Erika Hales









Comments

Popular Posts