Week 45

Hello fans

It's me. Your favorite superstar missionary reporting back on yet another week in paradise (McCall, Idaho).

First of all, I would like everyone to know that I finally ate at My Father's Place and it definitely lived up to its reputation. Soo yummy!

Good news! Our investigator, Joy got baptized! (More on that later)

Also some sad news...our investigator family broke up with us :( but thats okay because we also picked up 2 new investigators this week! Its two girls named Leeha and Jayden! Whooo!!

On Friday we had District Council in Council, Idaho (lolol) and instead of having it in the church building like normal, we drove up to the top of a mountain and sat in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees and had our meeting there. It was cool! I definitely approve. Also during our meeting these wild cows just popped out of nowhere and just hung out next to us (I'm talking RIGHT next to us) weird.

Saturday we drove up to Riggins (45 mins north) for joys baptism! She's so cute! Riggins is a little tiny branch of like 20 people. The chapel is the size of my young women's room back home haha! So crazy! That night we stayed with the branch president and his wife so that we could go to Joy's confirmation on Sunday and save miles.

Fun facts that I learned this week: The boundaries of that branch reach all the way to the boarder of Montana! Also, I found out that there's a section of our area that is in the Pacific time zone. So when we went to Lucile (which is an even smaller town...they have a post office the size of an icee shack) we went into a different time zone. Cool.

We were able to do some service in the community center which was fun. It reminded me of the old folks home that I would go to in Meridian (shoutout to Mina, my mission grandma❤)

We also had some amazing miracles happen this week! We visit a lot of people here while they're at work which is very different from my last areas. It's fun though because we can usually walk around their little shops for a second :D
There's a lady that the whole ward has been trying to get in contact with for YEARS and has had no success. Well we were not only able to make contact with her, but she also invited us back!!
We visited her at her work place and asked if we could come by that evening and drop off some cookies. She said yes, but was very surprised when we actually showed up later that night with a plate of cookies. She told us that the thing that made her let us in is that we actually followed through and showed up. We showed her that we cared and that was huge for her.

Moral of the story: cookies are the solution to every problem ;) oh, also that missionary work is just being a friend. It's that simple. Lol

We had several lessons with our investigators this week, all of which went very well. For one of them we did what we like to call a "lightening visit". In and out in less than 5 minutes with a principle taught, commitment extended and return appointment set. The spirit was quick to come in strong and hopefully they felt the difference after we left.

This week I've realized a little more just how much we need to rely on our Savior. I'm grateful for my weaknesses because they've shown me that I can't do this whole life thing alone.

Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things"

We can do ALL things through the help and strength of our Savior.

Have you read the Book of Mormon today? If you have, great! Read it again. If you haven't, what are you waiting for?! I love that book and I know it will change your life if you let it.

And that's a promise.


Sister Erika Hales











Comments

Popular Posts