Week 46

Hello all

There have been tons of forrest fires this week. We are officially trapped in McCall because all the roads out have been closed or have a pilot car. I've never experienced fires like this before and its pretty crazy! We've driven right by them several times and it's so sad to see the flames just burning the whole mountain and all the trees. But in like 2 years it'll be really pretty with all the green sprouting up from the earth again. 

I've been thinking a lot about that this week and how we as God's children are a lot like those trees. There's a point in all of our lives where we are "burned", but through the Refiner's fire we can be molded into the person that God wants us to become. 

We went on exchanges with our STLs this week and good news!! Sister Zimmerman (my old comp) is my STL!! Whoohoo!! So they came up to McCall and it was like a giant slumber party! I loooved it! Sister Zimmerman, Sister Frandsen and I went out for the day (fun fact: the last time I went on exchanges in a companionship rather than a trio was the first transfer I was with Zimmy...so I've been in a trio 5eva lol) 

It was fun celebrating pioneer day for the first time in my life hahaha! We had a branch get-together in Riggins and I got to eat buffalo for the first time! It was definitely a spiritual experience for my taste buds. Overall 12/10 experience lol

We had Zone conference on Wednesday and it was so fun! We had a Preach My Gospel jeopardy competition! It was a blast! However, on our way home we got stuck in the valley because of the fires, so we thought we were gonna have to stay the night there but ended up going the long(er) way home. We drove a LOT on Wednesday lol 

On Saturday I got to Skype in to a baptism in Meridian! Love technology!! I got to see some of my favorites from that ward and it made my heart so happy ❤ I also got to see a family from Meridian this last Sunday. They were in McCall visiting and I ran into them! I love serving where we get so many visitors!! 

We gave talks in 2 of our wards yesterday and they were both on the Restoration. I was lucky enough to be able to recite the first vision (that's always the part every missionary wants) and both times it was said, the spirit flooded the room and you could feel the room change and watch it on people's faces! It was soo cool!! Our area authority, Elder Erekson spoke with us and it was only a lot intimidating lol but I really enjoyed it! I learned a lot! 

I love this time that I have to be a missionary! I'm amazed by all the opportunities that have come because of my little black name tag. I've been able to meet so many different people and share intimate experiences with complete strangers and it's the coolest thing ever!!! I'm learning more and more each day of the magnitude of my calling. Thank you black missionary name tag. Thank you thank you thank you❤

Love y'all 
Sister Erika Hales
















Comments

Popular Posts