Week 51

It's been 1 year since I became a missionary!
1 year since I hugged my parents.
1 year of lots of tears.
1 year of DIVINE HAPPINESS!

365 days. Whack, dude

On Monday, some of the other missionaries in the zone came up to McCall. We hiked...in the freezing rain lol we were soaked but it was really fun! I miss good rain storms. It seems like it rarely rains here so I was enjoying it!

We also had to take our car into the shop to get it fixed this week (we've had a lot of car problems recently) so we were without a car for half the week....in the largest area in the mission. But we werent gonna let that stop us

Let's just say that my feet HURT. (Isaiah 52:7) Lol it's been a humbling week for sure.

On the bright side we found a new person to teach!! We were trying to contact our investigator, Frank and he wasn't home so we went to talk to his neighbor, Mark. We gave him a BOM and he seemed excited to read it! Whoo!!!

President and Sister Sorensen came up to McCall to have interviews with us and so we went to breakfast with them and it was a fun time!

On Saturday we ended up having to clean the church by ourselves. Lol not sure how that ended up happening but it was a good chance to serve!

Now that I've been out a year I feel like I'm starting to realize just how tired I am. The Lord is definitely blessing me with extra strength and motivation. I could not do this on my own!

How lucky I am to have been able to wear my missionary name tag everyday for a whole year! Its cool to look back and see the growth that's come with the name tag, physically (I was a BABY when I came out looool) and spiritually.

For the longest time I was so afraid I would lose Erika. So I clung on to her and with that, the world. Eventually I figured out that I had to let go of her and allow the Savior to mold me into the person he wanted me to be. So yeah, I kinda did lose Erika, but I found Sister Hales in the process (and she's pretty cool, trust me 😉). I'm not exactly the same person that walked away from my family a year ago. But don't worry! I'm still ME! More like Erika 2.0! Lol

And I still have lots of time to continue growing! Hopefully by the time I get home I'm like Erika 5.0! Haha

I know I say this a lot but I LOVE being a missionary! I love being a representative of Jesus Christ and proclaiming the truth to everyone I see! I've learned to always be ready to give a reason for the faith that I have. I have been SO blessed because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I've seen it change people's lives (including MINE!)

So be brave and share the good news with someone this week! The Lord will fill your mouth if you just open it!

Love ya ma dudes!

Sister Erika Hales

ps Happy Labor Day!














Comments

Popular Posts