Week 55

Okay first of all how is it already October!? I'm gonna need time to slooooow down pls & thx 🙃

Fall is officially here and I suddenly have the urge to eat/drink pumpkin flavored everything and wear sweaters. I don't know when it happened but all of the sudden the world has turned golden and red. Since there are actually trees here, it's reminding me of home and I'm loving watching the leaves change color.

However, with fall here that means that we are nearing another battle with winter. Someone told us that they think it'll snow next week. Um wut. Nope.

Transfers have rolled around yet again and sister Bentley and I are staying on our mountain for another transfer!! Whoo!! I had a feeling I was staying because I just feel like there's more for me to do here. I just wish I could figure out what that is...lolol

This past week I felt strongly that I needed to do a music fast. I always listen to approved music (don't worry) but I decided to listen to only hymns/instrumental music this week and the results were amazing! I felt so encompassed with the spirit all week long and recognized promptings easier. We were also able to see some miracles!

Miracle#1 we were able to teach Vilma the Restoration and her sister, Angela sat in as well (who has 2 kids over the age of 8!) A sister in the ward translated for us because they speak very little English. The spirit was SO strong! And though I didn't understand the individual words that they were saying, I somehow still knew what they were talking about. The spirit spoke to my heart and allowed me to understand. COOL! #giftoftongues?? Lol

Miracle #2 we collected a total of 5 homemade jams this week. Idk why people love to give us food, but I'm not complaining :) haha!

Miracle #3 we actually got a referral for someone to teach in Riggins!! I love that little town but if we don't have anyone to teach, it's not worth the miles to drive there. I've been praying suppeerrr hard and working my tail off to find someone to teach there and we finally got a referral! Prayers that this goes somewhere! We also got another referral for a lady living in Donnelly. We were able to meet her and set up another time to visit! Whooo!!!

Miracle #4 we were able to teach Glen and 2 of his sons, daughter in law and 2 grandkids also sat in and were engaged in the lesson! I LOVE teaching families together because it reminds me of why I'm here. I'm giving up time with my family so that I can help others be with their families forever. Im grateful for my forever family❤

There are SO many miracles but I'll stop here bc I know y'all won't read this if it gets too long haha

Fun fact: there must be something about the tag that screams "tell me every detail of your life" to people that we meet bc we seriously walk away knowing TOO much about people that we just met lolol

PSA: GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEKEND! Sat & Sun 10-12; 2-4. Watch it!!!!
Here's a teaser from last conf for ya!

"Life is different for each of us. We all have a time of trials, a time for happiness, a time for making decisions, a time for overcoming obstacles, and a time for taking advantage of opportunities."

LOVE! No matter our circumstances in life we can still find joy through our Savior Jesus Christ.


Sister Erika Hales




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts