Week 62

Good 'ol Meridian. Where the chances of a missionary having a car is just about as likely as being transferred to the moon...

So technically my area covers a little bit of Boise and people get so offended if you say Meridian lolol its throwing me off. But I can officially say I'm now living the movie The Singles Ward😅

We walked SO much this week! Our area is almost too big to walk, so we might have to get some loner bikes. My feet hurt to say the least, but dont worry I'll get conditioned eventually and I'll be looking güd for when I come home 💁‍♀️ I was s-p-o-i-l-e-d rotten in McCall when I had a car.

Ah, it's good to be back lol

Talk about a crazy week though! Because we're both new to the area and we had close to zero notes (until our mobile area books synced) I spent the week feeling like a chicken running around with its head cut off. Not my favorite feeling in the world, but I've handled it better than I thought I would lol We spent every day meeting as many people as we could and trying to get to know the area as quickly as possible. Which includes getting lost a couple few times (ie walking 45 mins in the wrong direction...)But the members here are SO GOOD!! We were offered rides several times which was such a blessing!

Also, if you see your local missionaries walking/biking down the street wave or honk to them! It'll make their day, I promise!

So I was reading Alma 26 this week (best BOM chapter in my opinion!!) And I kept thinking about Thanksgiving coming up and how thankful Ammon was for all of the blessings God had given him. In verse 37 it says,

"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."

I love that!!! We've all been blessed so we can't forget to thank God. And what better way to thank Him than by keeping his commandments?

I invite you all to find a way to share your gratitude with someone this week! I promise as you do that you will recognized even more of the blessings God is sending your way, and you will be happier!!

Love you all! Have a happy Thanksgiving!!

Sister Erika Hales


Comments

Popular Posts